Monday 26 January 2009

CSE Staff

Today was the last day of the first semester of my last year at CSE. It was an economy exam. During the exam I stopped for a moment and a thought came onto my mind.

I have always wanted to graduate quickly, but Won't I miss everything about CSE?

A lot of memories (about CSE staff) came across my mind ...

I remember Dr Mohamed Nazih El-Derini and who can forget that great man. He was the one that taught us the meaning of a true professor. He was like a father to us. I remember he was never shy to apologize even if it was only for being late! He always did what was good for us. He really left a mark in all of us.

I remember Dr Moustafa Yousef, best of the best. Dr Moustafa was the best thing that happened to CSE for a long time. He tried hard to make us like learning. I can say that he was the most beneficial professor by far. He changed the syllabus of several courses in a way that they actually became of great importance. I can write pages about Dr Moustafa without fulfilling his right. I remember his "fatak el fun kolo" and "ya fandemz". The only word that can describe Dr Moustafa is that he is "best of the best".

I remember Dr Nagwa Makky, the kindest person i have ever met. Although she taught us 3 courses (Programming, Database, Information Systems) I was foolish not to follow her lectures except during the last course. I even participated actively through lectures. I cared to understand every part of this course, I even went to her office twice to ask some questions. She was really helpful. I would never forget Dr Nagwa.

I remember Dr Ahmed El-Nahas, the most respectable professor. He has never shouted at us during a whole semester. I was so sad when I knew he was sick but I was so happy when I saw him at college today. He taught us Data Structure and I learnt a lot during that course without feeling that i did.

I remember Dr Khalid Nagy, the professor with a style :). I liked his style a lot. I wished I could be like him one day.

I remember Dr Ahmed El-Mahdy. He has always followed the rules. He was a routine man. I respected him so much!

I remember Dr Wafaa. She had so much knowledge. She had a funny laugh. I remember her saying "el aslanya" :).

I remember Dr Magdy Abd-El-Azim. What can I say about him. I feel he hated us and didn't teach digital well. I remember his "haaaa" and his joke with Islam about "De Morgan's Law" when he said "la dih bolty" :).

I remember Dr Salah Selim. He almost made me cry once :).  Dr Salah never listened to anybody but himself. He wanted us to be better but he didn't know how. He always told us that we were "zera3a" and other things. But even when he "biehaza2na" he was so funny that we totally forgot about "eltahzi2" and laugh. About the once he almost made me cry, it was during the summer. There was a multicore programming training and I borrowed some of his papers but I returned them late. He asked me if I tried the multicore program and I replied no. Then he kept saying "you can't do and you don't know to do anything, .. etc", for almost 10 mins :). I felt that I am good for nothing.

I remember Dr Ibrahim Abd-El-Salam, the general. Until this moment, every time i see him i feel scared. I remember his laugh, "ya 5aibin", "ya3ni 5aibin wi kadabin kaman" and "danta law 25adt 1 men 10 yeb2a 7aga 3azima". I can't believe I got an A in his course.

I remember Dr Waleed :). Dr Waleed was on moon and we were on earth! He was so high and his exams were mission impossible. BUT really I liked his lectures.

I remember Dr Amin Shokry. I really didn't learn anything from him.

I remember Eng Nagy. Eng Nagy was a legend. I really wish i could be like him. He was so smart and elegant.

I remember Eng Hassan Wassel. Eng Hassan was a true TA. He always found a way to help us. He has left a great space when he traveled.

I remember Eng Mohamed Saad. I have learnt the most from Eng Mohamed. Most of the things I learnt in programming are from him. I shall always remember him. I shall always remember EDT.

I remember Eng Ahmed Moustafa, the first TA friend.

I remember Eng Mohamed Amir. Although we didn't get along well as a TA, I liked him as a friend.

I remember Eng Amr Ebeid, the most helpful TA. Eng Amr was a true friend and a true TA. I like him a lot.

CSE was the place where i truly found myself.

I guess CSE will always remain in my heart!

No comments: